FOLLOW THIS [MY REAL BLOG]
This blog is personally for me. I put all the things that make an impact on me or that I love here, so it's really disorganize and serves no other purpose.
mr. brightside // the killers
now they’re going to bed
and my stomach is sick
and it’s all in my head
by A Fine Frenzy
…I’d never want to see you unhappy
I thought you’d want the same for me…
Not in That Way - Sam Smith
Saddest, yet, most beautiful fucking song I have ever heard. It’s like Sam Smith’s soul is outlined with the simplicity of these heart wrenching lyrics.
I love Brantley Gilbert
Youth - Daughter
And if you’re still breathing, you’re the lucky ones.
'Cause most of us are heaving through corrupted lungs.
Setting fire to our insides for fun
Collecting names of the lovers that went wrong
The lovers that went wrong.
Sometimes I feel like I can’t run, I can’t crawl
And sometimes I feel like I ain’t nothing at all
Life is a journey where you stumble and fall
But I’m okay when I lie down in your arms
Okay. Having watched this scene at least 2 million times, I’ve decided to do a little breakdown of the hug and things I noticed/loved.
1. His face when he realizes its her
So he’s just chillin’, listening to the group bicker, when his hunter senses go off as he hears a noise behind him. You can see at first he’s looking for the danger. And then his face just kind of melts. His shoulders drop, his eyes widen, you can almost hear his deep inhale of disbelief.
2. Carol’s expression
You guys she looks terrified, apprehensive, worried; she has no idea how the group is going to react. She doesn’t know if they know, if they hate her, if they’ve forgiven her. But she approaches them anyways because she’s a brave motherfucker.
3. Daryl’s run
He sprints. It’s not a “oh woah dude look Carol’s back, ima hug her!” approach. It’s a “hOLy sHiT, Carol is here, and there is not a single thing more important than having her in my arms as fast as physically possible” approach. He runs like his life depends on it.
4. Daryl’s smile
LOOK AT HIS SMILE
Right before he reaches her there is a full on, shit eating, this is the best thing that has ever happened to me grin on his face. We have seen him smile like that what once? She puts it there instantly.
And I’m pretty sure in that moment, all the anxiety Carol was feeling is vanquished. She knows he is happy to see her, and that’s all that matters. If everyone else hates her, she’ll have him.
5. The hug
Still looking at the previous gif. Look how freaking tight he is hugging her. And the noises he is making? He is hyperventilating. He can’t even breathe normally, his mind is racing, his heart is pounding, his emotions are exploding, so he buries his face in her neck, grips her as tight as he possibly can, and lets himself go.
And if you listen carefully, you can totally hear Carol letting out these little laughing sobs. She is so relieved and happy and equally as emotional. It’s overwhelming.
6. The Darylness
Guys this is an awkward hug. They’re rocking, tripping over each other, he’s flinging her in the air. She’s holding on for dear life. It’s perfect.
It’s so Daryl. Let’s think about how many hugs he’s had in his lifetime. Very, very few, if any. Let’s think about how many meant this much to him. Probably none. He has no idea what he’s doing. All he knows is that he wants her in his arm, he wants to breathe in her scent, and he never wants to let her go.
He never stops moving, hes a bundle of energy, he’s having so many feelings and he doesn’t know what to do with them. And Carol understands all of this. She knows the value of this hug, even if its a bit of a wild ride for her. She just continues smiling like the fucking sun and holding on to him for all she’s worth. She’s still making those little laugh sob noises and she’s the happiest I think we’ve ever seen her in this show.
7. The lift
I can’t be the only one who sees that as a straight up pelvic thrust…..maybe that’s why shes smiling so much….
Whatever it is it’s adorable as fuck.
8. THE HEADSTROKE PEOPLE
You can see it at the end of this gif
This hug is very Daryl in nature, rough, awkward, uncoordinated, pretty much how we imagine most romantic things with Daryl would go. And then he pulls out the headstroke, and its gentle, and loving, and tender and absolutely perfect. For me it turns the hug from a bro-union, to something deeper. I mean how often do you caress the back of your best friend/bro’s head? Now how often would you do that if you were Daryl Dixon? I can’t say I could ever picture him doing that to Rick or Glenn or Michonne….
9. Carol’s face part 2
LOOK HOW MUCH HER FACE HAS CHANGED
She is so freaking happy here! She looks like she can’t believe it, and she doesn’t fully understand what’s going on, but it’s the greatest thing that’s ever hapened to her so she’s not going to question it, she’s just going to enjoy it for all she’s worth.
And then when she pulls back and looks at him. Be still my heart. Such love. I can’t handle it.
10. Daryl’s soul wrenching expression
you know exactly which one I’m talking about
I don’t even know how I could possibly describe this expression. First of all he’s crying, which is monumental. He is looking at her like he can’t believe she’s there, but she is, and it’s overwhelming for him. He’s looking at her like she’s the most beautiful thing he’s ever seen. He’s looking at her, and it’s like all the terrible things that have happened to her since she disappeared are forgotten, and all that matters is her, right there, in front of him.
Guys I thought he was going to kiss her. I still watch this scene and think he’s going to kiss her. I have no doubt that he will, soon, kiss her.
11. The rebound
He goes back in.
He’s confused, he’s overwhelmed, so he goes back to where he knows it’s safe.
Also, my dog does this to me. He drops his head and shoves it against me. It’s what he does when he wants love, and comfort, and that is exactly what Daryl is doing.
He needs to know she’s real, he needs her to assure him of her presence, he needs her to comfort him, because she’s the only thing that can do it.
And how her hands immediately go to his hair/neck. I love it. It’s so tender, its so receptive, it’s so assuring. She knows what he wants and she does not hesitate to give it to him.
12. Her hands on his face
She makes it look so natural! And we have to think about this in terms of Daryl, who has made it very clear in the past that he’s not extremely fond of touch.
We’ve seen him slowly overcome that aversion, from back slaps, to arm nudges, to shoulder bumps, but having someone else’s hands on your face and neck? That’s so far beyond as far as intimacy goes.
And he doesn’t give a fuck. He is welcoming her touch, relishing it, hes still looking at her like she is the sun that lights up his world, and he never wants to stop staring, even if he goes blind because of it.
13. Carol’s tears
Look how her hand goes to her face. We’ve seen Carol do that a million times when she is laughing or crying or overflowing with emotions.
She’s doing all of that now. This hug means just as much to her as it does to Daryl.
You can practically feel the silent conversation they are having right now.
The “I missed you”s that were left unsaid but heard all the same.
The “I’m so fucking glad you’re here”s that weren’t shared, but were understood anyways.
That’s the best thing about Caryl for me; it goes so deep. it transcends superfluous words and useless emotions. It gets to the base of love, to the “I want you with me no matter what, I may not always say it or show it, but it’s true, and you know it and that’s all that matters. Despite what everyone else sees or thinks, I love you and you love me. I would do anything for you and you would do the same for me and we both know it, so everything will be alright”
And that’s my hug breakdown guys! Thanks for reading!
Hmm, I just reblogged it from another site, but I think I can help you in terms of what to buy and how to do it. If you click the link, it’ll take you to the complete photo post that shows you what you need. In any event, here’s the list:
- Nail polish
- Floral wire, a thin bendable wire is ideal. 26 Gauge is fine.
- Floral Tape
- Wire cutters/scissors
- a pencil or cylindrical object to wrap the petals around
- Ribbon (optional)
- First, you’re gonna need to make the crown. You can do this by using the wire you already have or you can use an old headband or anything that you like that resembles a headpiece. Thicker wire is also fine for this step. As you can see, OP twisted two pieces of wire together and left loops at the end (to attach the ribbon). Then they covered it in brown floral tape.
- The second step is to make the flowers. Using your pencil/cylindrical object, twist the wire around it to create a ‘petal’. Repeat this until you have at least a couple of petals. 3-6 is usually fine, it’s really your call.
- SLIGHTLY bend the petals back to create a natural looking petal.
- After you are satisfied with the shape of your petals, cut out your flower, leaving some wire left to attach it to your crown.
- Repeat the first few steps and make the rest of your flowers.
- Take one of your flowers and CAREFULLY apply nail polish to it, one petal at a time. Think of it like making bubbles. It may be easier to pour the nail polish in a flat plate and dip it, or dip the entire flower into the polish.Repeat this for all your remaining flowers.
- Twist the two ends of your flowers together to form a ‘stem’.
- Wrap the stems with floral tape, preferably with the same color you used in the base of the crown.Repeat this for all your remaining flowers.
- The third step will be attaching the flowers to your crown. You can do this a few ways. One way is to wrap the stems around the crown. Another way is to just wrap the stems with floral tape as you go along, like the OP did.Do this until all your flowers have been attached to your crown.
- At this point, you can tie the ribbons to the loops like OP did, or decorate it any other way you like. :)
Enjoy your new floral crown!
- You can purchase most of the items in Walmart, Michael’s or any craft or flower store. You can also order it online. :)
- REMEMBER, this tutorial is just a guide. If you don’t want to use brown floral tape or if you prefer using the green floral wire, don’t be afraid to change it up. You can use any color or material your heart desires.
I’ll refer you to an ask where I gave a few tips. ASK by starry-ponds
And here is the original link to the post. It’s in Russian.
Sorry for replying late. I hope this helps you with making your own crown. :)
for the people asking about the nail polish flowers!